Thursday, February 18, 2010

The Things They Carried Poem

1)

Im a normal guy, carrying normal, material things.



A cell phone, a book bag,
A wallet, and a random object here or there.
But do I really need these material things?
Sure they're great if I get in a reck,
Or need to talk to my friends,
Or pulled over,
Or need to turn in homework or study.
But are they really that important in the long run?
It seems that we focus on the material things in life,
Rather than the things that matter.
The important things in life.
Like whether your setting a good example
Or the love of your family.

2)

My preacher always says "everyone carries their own cross"
Well I carry with me the expectations to be a role model
Thats what my dad says I am anyway.
To my sister, or to a freshman on the football team so that one day he can say
"Hey, that guy is a beast, I want to be just like him."
I carry with me the chocies I make in life.
We all do
Whether they be good or bad.
Whether they make things better or worse.
We all carry them.
And these things will always be more important
Than the latest phone, or the next big thing.
These are the things I carry.

No comments:

Post a Comment